Wednesday 24 October 2012

Good tears


Today is my/our 20th Wedding Anniversary, it is truly hard to believe it has been 20 years!  When I used to hear people say 'the older you get the faster time flys!', I use to laugh at them !  But the older I get (41 years so far), the more I realise that this statement does seem so right!!  I also think once you have kids the years seem to disappear-maybe the fact you are so busy with them, work and life they do evaporate before you know it.
And if you are wondering what that beautiful cake mixer is that is my pressie from hubby this morning, I have been looking for a while but only looking.  I did wonder this morning what was in the huge box.  A secret trip to town while I was at KHS for the day !  I also got a beautiful card with all the right words in it, (I am so a card person-little does he know I have kept every card he has ever given me-sentimental fool -am I), but this is not what brought me to tears, feeling very spoilt with my pressie he told me to close my eyes and gave me a little box...................you see, he is the practical one (hence the cake mixer) and I am the sentimental one,

 but in this box is the most gorgeous 18ct gold ring with 5 diamonds.  Good tears, did begin to flow!  We have often joked over the years about my budget engagement ring-which by the way I love and would never part with, but we where just 2 fools in love who had no money but wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and brought what we could afford and I love it , but Mike always wished he could have afforded something better.  So what better way than to buy me a ring he had always wanted too for our 20th anniversary.
This is a good day here in the naki so I hope you have a great day also, Michelle 

9 comments:

  1. Wow to it all, mixer, ring & card! Congratulations, these days it is a real milestone to still be together & in love after many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Michelle, I am so happy for you both, it bought tears to my eyes too! Give Mike a big pat on, he did good!!! Congrats to you both...:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops ...I meant to say a big pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Michelle. The ring is absolutely gorgeous. Your hubby is a keeper that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Michelle, your ring is gorgeous and the mixer isn't bad either! I loved reading your post, so nice to read about couples still in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Michelle. It is such a wonderful thing to have a wonderful marriage. The time may fly, but I think it gets better the longer you are together. I think hubby has covered all the bases with your gifts. Enjoy your celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have good tears now. Congratulations to you and Mr Rusty...quite a milestone and I think hubby might also be a gem.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle, it is lovely to read of your anniversary. Your hubby is a very sweet, thoughtful chap, definitely a keeper!! Congrats to you both on your anniversary.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My how special!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete