Thursday 18 August 2011

Stitchin' Group








Yesterday was our monthly get together for our stitchin group.  It was at Claire's house and as usual not alot of stitchin was accomplished but lots of inspiration !  Show and tell was great, this month we had to decorate our cloches, finish a UFO and make something with hankies we all brought !  Claire made her hankie into kid wind mills, I made mine into a journal cover and Michelle made this cool little origami dress.  I forgot or more to the point got wrapped up in the moment and forgot to take photos of everyone's finished UFOs.  We  then had a yummy lunch of stuffed potatoes and salad and the most Divine truffles!!
This is Michelle's origami dress. 







And my finish for the month............






This is Michelle's cloche, she told me to tell all that it is not finished and you need to image a nest in the bottom.
This is Claire's cloche, she made a cute bird and two birdhouses, love the colours and the lights!

And this is mine, I painted the base black which was from my Op Shop Hop that cost a $1, recycled a silver bird, nest and wreath.  And the moss is from the rails outside.  I am really happy with it actually as I whipped it up yesterday morning before I went.  The pressure was on and not alot of time to think, which if I am honest works for me.
We also managed a quick trip to the Op shops in Hawera and I will show you the goodies I got tomorrow as I need to tackle the mountain of washing that is piling up in front of me.
Have a great Thursday, Michelle. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, I wish I had something like this to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching group sounds like fun. Your stitching turned out beautiful. Hope you are staying warm. I am would be so happy to bottle up some of our heat (109) and send it to you hehe.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day by the sounds of it. Your cloches are fascinating...i have never heard of it before. I hope you are all managing to keep warm over there.

    ReplyDelete